Sunday, January 25, 2009

Scrapdango Blog Challenge

I posted the following Blog Challenge at Scrapdango this week:

I was chatting with my Mom the other day about when I was young. It is always to cute to think about the things you said or did when you were little.
I would like everyone to blog about their earliest childhood memory. Close your eyes and think back to when you were little. How young were you and what memory first pops into your head?
I can't wait to read everyone's earliest memories!!

Living in Germany: My earliest memories are when my Dad was stationed in Germany. I was around 4 years old and we had a German Shepard named Sasha who had puppies. I remember, quite vividly, the day she gave birth. My Mom put a plastic swimming pool in the kitchen and she gave birth in it. There was alot of blood and it was a terrible labor. My Mom allowed me to get in the pool and help out. I remember that alot of the puppies were stillborn and one was born with an abnormally long tail. Two of the puppies survived, only to die a few days later. I remember seeing my Uncle hide the dead puppies in the closet hoping I wouldn't see them before He could get outside. I remember praying alot and staring at the ugly wallpaper and how sad everyone was. I was just so grateful that Sasha didn't die as well. It was a hard labor for her but she was strong.

Challenge #11:
What is your earliest childhood memory? Post it on your blog and provide a link below to earn a ballot for the prize draw. If you don't have a blog then you can email me at thynner5@yahoo.ca

Due Date: January 31st
Draw Date: February 1st

Happy Blogging!

~Tara~

3 comments:

  1. What a sad moment to remember. It's hard for me to remember....my family loves to talk about what happened so many years ago and to pull out pictures...it's hard to seperate what you truely remember and what has been put there just from all the talk and seeing photos. But I believe I have one and might even have a photo to go along with it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had to see such a sad thing. Hopefully you've since seen a happy birth of puppies! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a sad one! I think it's easier for us to remember the tramatic things, mine (posted on my blog) is the same way.

    ReplyDelete