Saturday, January 3, 2009

Life.....or Something Like That

Well... it happened. Life got in the way of my blogging! I swore I wouldn't let it happen but, with the holidays and my birthday I slipped.
It is amazing to me just how exhausting the holidays truly are. I have been so worn out that I actually fell asleep on the couch the other day and woke up with a sore neck and shoulder! Crazy thing is that the last time I ever fell asleep on the couch was when I was pregnant. NOOOOOOOOOOOO....... I am not pregnant now!! Don't even think that! Three is a great number. It just goes to show you just how tired I was.

I am not sure how many of you have decided to chose a special word to be your mantra for 2009. If you don't know what I am referring to you can check out Ali Edwards Blog for details. It took me all of three seconds to come up with this years word..............................................................
RELAX!!

I tend to over do things and get caught up in things. I am constantly focusing on the negative and letting it get to me. I have become a magnet for stress. I am going to learn to chill and relax more. Spend more time enjoying my life not worrying about it! Spend more time with my family and friends. Laugh more.

Challenge #1 ~ Your Word:
What is your chosen word for 2009?? Chose something that means something to you. Email it to me at thynner5@yahoo.ca or post it below to earn a ballot for this months blog prize draw, again valued at $50.00!!
**Bonus: Use your chosen word on a layout and send it to me to earn two ballots. An easy way to start 2009 off!!

I have all the names drawn up for Decembers Draw!! I will let Paige pick the winner in the morning. Then.... it's back to business on my blog!

THANKS to everyone who have been checking in every day and sending in those amazing creations! I am so thrilled everytime I receive an email and see your creations. I will continue to post challenges throughout the month.

~Tara~

11 comments:

  1. Good idea Tara - relax!! As you know, my word is "do" and my layout is in the planning stages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara!!!! I hope to be more on the ball this month and keep up with the challenges. You have so many wonderful ones!!!!!!

    My word for this year, as you may remember from the board, is Believe. I hope to get a layout done of it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tara, glad to see your new posts, My word is Friends, I'm planning on hanging with them more often and keeping in touch with my out of towners more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great challenge and happy new year chica

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so generous Tara! My word of the year is STOP. Great challenge and happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Tara :) I love your challenges... I hope to stop lurking and start playing along this month now that the holidays are over :)

    My word for 2009 is change :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Had to think about this one, but my word for 2009 is: SIMPLIFY! I definitely want to do a LO on this, I'll try to do something soon and post it for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My word is most definately Appreciate!

    i hope to play along this round! Thanks for your great challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finally got around to working on my Simplify layout I mentioned above, hope I'm not too late!

    http://www.wescrap.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/12139/ppuser/4416

    or here

    http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq354/sarahsprojects/sarahnolansimplify.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will have to think about this...I have a few words going thru my head but not really what I want. I will come up with something that will suit better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My word for the year is going to be Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete