Monday, December 29, 2008
Challenge # 11:
I would like to see you make a birthday card!!! I can just pretend that you are making them to celebrate my birthday. LOL
Email your card to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to earn a ballot for this months blog prize valued at at $50.00 of new products. Some Maya Road, SEI, Ranger Crackle Paint, Primas and more!
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Now I feel the heat of another birthday upon me. Usually they don't bother me. It is just a number after all. I will be 38 on December 28th. It really sucks. Not because I am turning another year older but that my birthday falls three days after Christmas. Every year I have suffered through a quiet birthday. Nobody is ever around to celebrate with. I never had a birthday party. I never got to play Pin the Tail on the Donkey or played cheesy party games. Most of the time I got to pick one of my Christmas presents to save to open on my birthday.
I could tell that my parents felt sorry for me and tried to make my birthday into a big deal. My Dad would let me chose whatever I wanted for my birthday supper. I usually asked for Beef Stroganoff. He used to make an amazing Stroganoff. Yummy!! They would sing Happy Birthday and sometimes I'd get a cake. Then I could unwrap my present wrapped in Christmas paper. I love them for that.
It's better since having children. They get so excited on my birthday and it's infectious. The joy in their faces makes having another birthday not seem so bad!! That is what I am looking forward to the most on Sunday!
Here is a simple challenge for you today. I would like you to blog about a favorite birthday memory. It can be about something you did, something you got or somebody else for their birthday. Let me know what made it special for you. You can post a link to your blog below. If you do not have a blog you can email your memory to me at: email@example.com . You will earn a ballot for my big blog draw! Couldn't be any easier.
Deadline: December 31st
Draw Date: January 1st
Monday, December 22, 2008
Please email your layout to me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to earn a ballot for this months Blog Prize Draw valued at $50.00. I will post a pic of the amazing prize tomorrow after I am done my volunteer work.
If you have troubles printing the sketch off and/or would like me to email the sketch to you just drop me an email.
Deadline: December 31st
Draw Date: January 1st
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Due Date: December 31st
Monday, December 15, 2008
2. Use your scissors to cut the tissue papers into 1-2 inch squares.
3. Coat the bottle in sections with Podge medium using your foam brush. Adhere tissue paper squares to the podge. Repeat until the bottle is covered. Apply a coat of Podge to the entire bottle. Let dry.
4. Using your glue dots adhere your ribbon around the top of the bottle. You could also add ribbon to the bottom if you wish.
6. If you are making more than one it would be nice to add chipboard or wooden letters to spell Noel or Joy. My girls chose Scenic Route Chipboard Shapes.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Peanut Butter Tassies:
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Cup white sugar
1/2 Cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 Cup shortening or butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 Cups flour
Miniature peanut butter cups
candy Tassie or mini-muffin sized paper cups
Yield: 24-36 pieces
Cooking time: 7-8 mins
Preheat oven to: 400 degrees
Line pan with paper cups.
Unwrap 24-36 peanut butter cups and set aside.Cream together peanut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla and shortening.
Add salt, flour and soda. This will be a very stiff dough.Drop small balls of dough (size of a walnut ) into pans.
Bake for 7-8 minutes until very light brown on top.Remove from oven and press unwrapped peanut butter cup
into cookies while still in hot pan.
Let cool slightly and remove from pan; repeat.
I like to decorate the tops of them with a squeeze of green frosting
and a cinnamon candy. It gives them a very festive look for the holidays!
I would like you to blog about your favorite recipe. You can link it here in the comment section. If you do not have a blog you can email it to me at: email@example.com . You will earn one ballot for the draw.
BONUS: If you use this recipe on a layout or make a recipe card you will earn not one... but two extra ballots for this months blog draw!! Yep... another $50.00 value of new releases!
Deadline: All challenges are due December 31st. The draw will take place on New Years Day!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
I used the ribbon already for my Wall Hanging that I posted the other day. I also used some of the pretty buttons and ribbon on this layout. I created this for The Scrapping Bug using the great MME papers. I based it on a fab sketch from the So Sketchy Blog! They all went great with Paige and her pink snowsuit!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
"Yup… it’s that time of year again… to choose a new design team for the So Sketchy! Blog.
6 page designers and 3 card designers will be chosen. Previous designers and guest designers are welcome to reapply. Canadian, US and international submissions are welcome.
Here’s how to enter:
1. Create TWO pages or THREE cards using any of the sketches from the months of November 2008 or December 2008 found on the blog. Submit those sketch creations along with 3 other creations from your archives that best show your scrapping style.
2. Submit your 5-6 creations to firstname.lastname@example.org .
3. Your email subject line should read “So Sketchy Design Team Call 2009”.
4. Applications should be received no later than December 31st 11:59pm MST.
5. All attachments must be 500x500 or less.
6. Please include the following information:
• Your full name
• Location (city, country)
• Your email address
• Please indicate if you are applying for a card designer or a page designer. You may submit applications for both but you must send 2 separate applications.
• Please list your attached creation titles and indicate which sketches you used to create them.
• Any links to your on-line galleries
• A link to your blog (a blog is a must have!)
• A list of any current design teams, if any.
• A paragraph about why you wish to be a So Sketchy Sista!
As a designer, you will be responsible for 2-3 creations based on my sketches to be presented on the blog. No monetary compensation… sorry. You will have a contract to design for 6 months, January 15th to June 15th.
Members of the 2009 So Sketchy! Sistas will be informed no later than January 14th and a list of the new design team will be announced once all the designers have been informed via email.
Due Date: December 31st 11:59pm MSTEmail: email@example.com "
I hope that everyone will send in thier submissions. Ally is a wonderful sketch designer and I know you'll love working with her. Good luck girls.
Saturday, December 6, 2008
6. Cut a 6 inch ribbon for the very top holes. Pull through and either adhere or knot this as well.
7. Now your Chipboard Wall Hanging is ready to embellish. You can add your photos now or wait for the right ones. Hope you enjoy making these as much as I do!
Close Up Pics: DD
I also did one for The Scrapping Bug using MME Papers:
***Note: If you do not have chipboard at home you can improvise by using cardboard. I have been know to cut up some cereal or cracker boxes before!!
December Challenge #1: Can you guess what my first challenge of December is?? Yep... I would like to see you make a Chipboard Wall Hanging either for yourself or as a gift.
You can email your Wall Hanging at: firstname.lastname@example.org to earn a ballot for this months draw. Yep... another $50.00 value. I still have so much goodies to give away!!
Thursday, December 4, 2008
She scrambled them up and reached in to pick the winner....
Is it you?? Can you see?? Hmm... flash issue. Let's get a little closer......
Yep............... it's Keeley Yowler!!
Please email me your mailing address at: email@example.com.
I hope everyone takes a minute to click on the gallery and check out all the amazing cards and layouts that were submitted this month!!