Saturday, January 31, 2009

Challenge #14 ~ Shaped Paper

On of my favorite trends the last year has been the use of shaped paper in scrapping. I am a huge fan and seem to buy all of it. My favorites right now are the shaped papers in Crate and Making Memories. There are so many ways to use shaped paper. You can cut it up and use it on your page or.... you can do what I did and use it as a base.



Here is a layout I did for Scrapdango using their Sugar kit for this month. I used the lovely shaped paper as my background and used it to celebrate my parents 40th anniversary. This paper line is fantastic to use with vintage pictures or photos that you transfer to either black and white or sepia.



Challenge:

I would like to see you either incorporate shaped paper into your layout or use it as a base for a layout. If you don't have any shaped paper, you can make your own very easily.

Please email me at thynner5@yahoo.ca and put Thynner Blog Challenge in the subject line to earn a ballot for this months jam packed Heidi Swapp prize pack.

Due Date: January 31st
Draw Date: February 1st

Happy Scrapping!

~Tara~

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous page Tara. I just recently bought some shaped journaling note paper. I have used a couple sheets and really love to use it. I am not sure if I have any 12 x 12 but will look. Great challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Tara, I like your challenges. If I get a chance today I will try to get at least one done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emailed my layout for this challenge to you :) Love your layout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! look at your mom, what a beautiful young thing she was!

    ReplyDelete