Sunday, February 22, 2009

Challenge #8 ~ The Cluster

One of the things I have been doing lately is making embellishment clusters. That simply means that I love to layer my embellishments together. I love the added dimension and interest this can add to a page.

I did this layout for Scrapdango and I loved how it turned out. I cut the bird image from one of the Webster's Pages Papers that I received with my DT kit. I then stamped on it using my Hero Arts Script stamp (one of my all time fav stamps). I then inked and used Glimmer Mist on the Magestical Memories Frame that was also in the kit. I placed some cool, glittered sheer fabric under the frame and adhered it to my page. I then attached my bird to the frame. I added a gem to the bird for an eye. I then stamped on the flower, added a button and placed it on the frame as well. Viola... and embellishment cluster.


Challenge:
I would like to see you use an embellishment cluster on your next creation. It can be either a card or layout. Email it to me at thynner5@yahoo.ca to earn a ballot for this month's blog prize. I have a wonderful collection of Basic Grey Marakech goodies for one lucky winner!

Due Date: February 28th
Draw Date: March 1st
**Remember that you still have time to do some of the other challenges posted this month to earn a ballot. Any challenge posted in February counts as a ballot.**
Happy Scrapping!
~Tara~

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout Tara....and I love your cluster. Will be giving this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love to use clusters. YOur bird is gorgeous! Here is mine:
    http://www.scrapdango.net/gallery/data/500/medium/still_my_little_girl.JPG

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get the link to work Shana can you email me the layout? I really wnat to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara the l/o it awesome! I know I'm cutting it down to the wire to get you my layouts for the draw. Your challenges are really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO Tara...hereis my take


    http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l262/ladygrace_09/1212.jpg

    ReplyDelete