Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Candy Holder Card Tutorial ~ Challenge

I put together the following tutorial for the weScrap Love Fest Cop and wanted to share it with all of you:

Candy Holder Card:
Gather up some supplies:
cardstock
patterened paper (I used Basic Grey Bittertsweet)
die cuts or stamps
ink (optional)
foam dots
ribbon
slit punch, knotch and die or exacto knife
small candy (ie M&M's)
trimmer
score tool
1. Cut your cardstock or double sided paper to the following: 8 1/2 by 4 1/4.
2. Score at 3 and 6 1/4 inch.
3. Fold into eachother.

4. Cut a strip of patterned paper aprox. 2 x 4 and adhere it to the front flap. Ink if desiered.

5. Using your slit punch, tool or exacto knife make slits on the inside middle portion of the card to hold your candy. You may need to place your candy as a guide.

6. Wrap your ribbon around the top portion of the card and make a knot or bow.

7. Mat your chosen die cut with coordinating cardstock or paper. You can also choose to stamp an image on cardstock and mat that if you do not have any die cuts! You can also print something off from your computer.

8. Use pop up foam dots to put your sentiment on the front. It adds dimension and allows the person to open the card easier.

VIOLA!! A sweet little card to hold some sweets for someone special.

Challenge: I would like you to make one of these cute, fun and easy Candy Holder Cards. Please email it to me at thynner5@yahoo.ca to earn a ballot for this month's blog prize!!

Blog Prize: I will have a whole collection of new Basic Grey Marakesh papers, embelishments, rub ons and stamps. Another $50.00 value of goodies!

Due Date: February 28th

Draw Date: March 1st

Happy Scrapping!

~Tara~

9 comments:

  1. Hi
    This is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so glad that you put this here. I will ge this done today (I hope) I have NO candy in teh house what so ever...what can I find to use! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe Donna.... My kids ate the candy I bought for this project and I had to grab some school snacks at the last minute and picked the one that fit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. how awesome! Looks great, what a great giveaway too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable Tara.

    BTW I tagged you on my blog. Go check it out. It's kinda fun what you have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, this is so cool, and perfect timing Tara! I hope to do one of these tonight! I finally am going to get to play along with one of your AWESOME blog draws!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoW! really neat idea! I'll be making mine over the next couple of days and will email you for sure!
    Hayley (IadoreWentworth - WeScrap)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Tara...might have to make some of these for my sweeties!

    ReplyDelete