Monday, May 25, 2009

Found Objects ~ Challenge #10

One of the things I love doing is picking apart the girls treasures once they are done with them. I love taking the lace off of Barbie clothes, the beads off of pretty necklaces, the ribbons off of old teddy bears and the charms from braclets and such. There is a treasure trove of embellies around your home just begging to be used in almost every room. All you have to do is put on your Sherlock Holmes hat and do some sleuthing.

The butterfly I used on the following layout literally fell at my feet. I took the girls out to see where Steve was working in Stratford. There was a swan that was laying eggs and the town sectioned off a portion of the park, right under the bridge Steve was working on. We to take a peek at the nest she had built with the caution tape from the construction site. :)

I thought that since it was a beautiful day, that we would take some pictures. Paige was so tired and really didn't want her photo taken. I got this fun one of her pouting and I just had to scrap it. I used the April kit from Mon Ame Memories. I had so much fun with this one. I sanded the edges of the Core-dinations cardstock to get a fun, distressed look.






Do you notice the butterfly embellishment?? It is the same one that is in the photo of Paige, on her headband. When we headed home, she fell asleep. I had to wake her up when we got home. I opened the door and when she lifted her head, her pretty headband broke and the butterfly fell on the ground, at my feet!! I asked her if I could keep it and I used it on this layout.


Challenge:

Look around your home or office and find something unique that you wouldn't normally use for scrapbooking. Use it on a layout and email it to me at thynner5@yahoo.ca to earn a ballot for one of the 8 sponsored prizes!!


Due: June 15th


**Look for the next sponsor spotlight tomorrow!


Happy Scrapping!


~Tara~

5 comments:

  1. GOrgeous layout...I save things all the time...now I just have to find one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you got to use the butterfly that was in the photo. I'm always looking for things to incorporate into my scrapping. That's why I love Home Depot and dollar stores.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful LO and so sorry she broke her headband but it made for a beautiful embellie!! and added to the journaling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout... I really love the design and the way you gave a new life to the broken headband. Scrappy perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete