Friday, March 13, 2009

Challenge # 5 ~ Journal

One of the things I don't do enough of on my layouts is journal. Not just a quick little note or a quote but to write something with meaning. I usually just post a meaningful quote or a quick little something to remind me of who, what or where. I find it hard to journal with feeling. Not sure why but I want to start to journal more on my layouts.



Here is a layout I did of DD when we gathered for our first family picnic after my dear father-in-law passed away. It was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining, the little ones were all playing and all of the family was there. The sprinkler was going and we even had water balloons. The kids all had their bathing suits on and were laughing and playing.



I caught DD sitting on the bench in the gazebo. She looked so sad and pensive. After I took her picture, I sat down and asked her why she was so sad. She told me it was because her Papa wasn't there and she didn't want to play. She was just too sad.



Here is my layout using that picture I took that way and journaling to remember the moment:



Challenge:I would like to see you include some meaningful journaling on your next creation. Email it to me at thynner5@yahoo.ca to earn a ballot for this month's blog prize draw.

Wanna know what the prize is this month?? I'll post details tomorrow. I am really excited about this one.

Due Date: March 31st
Draw Date: April 1st

Happy Scrapping!

~Tara~

1 comment:

  1. I am with you Tar....I am not a big journaler. BUt I have been trying to write a little more then just the date and where. Great challenge and gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete