Monday, November 17, 2008

Challenge #3 ~ Cover It

I am a little behind right now. I have been battling strep throat and an ear infection and my Mom is quite ill as well. I will get caught up.... starting with another blog challenge!

This challenge entails covering up your chipboard! I admit that I love to pull out the paint, chalk or inks to cover my chipboard with. I also like to stamp and stickle my hipboard as well.

I recieved an amazing kit from Scrapdango an in it was some funky Maya Road tree shaped chipboard. Man.... was I ever excited about them.


I traced the top tree onto some of the green pattered paper from the Bella Blvd line. Yummy!! I then adhered it to my chipboard. On the base I used some awesome Ranger Crackle Paint. It gave the tree trunk a realistic look. I then grabbed a Maya Road bird that came with the kit and inked it with two diferent colors. I added a cute Kaiser Kraft pearl for the eye.



Here is my finished layout:



So... look through your stash of chipboard and cover it up. Then... place it on a layout. Email your layout to me at: thynner5@yahoo.ca to earn a ballot into this month's $50.00 Blog Rak draw. Remember you are creating to win the following:
October Afternoon Tab Book
Pink Paislee Pixie Stixs
Glimmer Mist
Crate Paper Prudence Paper Line
Crate Paper Rub ons
Mambi Rhinestones/Gems



I'll post another challenge on Wednesday!

**Due date: December 1st, EST**

Happy Scrapping!

~Tara~

5 comments:

  1. Aww those girls looks so pretty. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout, your tree and bird look great. Sweet picture of you daughters too. I have been meaning to try something differnt with covering up chipboard, I guess now is the time to try it out, HUH? LOL

    Hope you and your mom get to feeling better real soon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok..i'm totally wuv'n that tree! beautiful lo tara! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun Challenge,Love what you did to the trees
    Sorry you are having a tough week. I hope you are feeling better, and hope things are better with your mom (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete