Saturday, September 27, 2008

Something to Think About

With World Card Day fast approaching I wanted to let everyone know of something special you can do. My friend Brianne, brought this to my attention and I think it is a wonderful idea. Take a moment to check out Cards for Hero's. It is an organization that sends cards to men and women overseas to send home to their loved ones. They also send them to those in the hospital recovering from injuries. Cards of encouragement and gratitude.

I will be making some cards, along with some of my Scrapdango girls, to send overseas. If you chose to make some cards, please email them to me at thynner5@yahoo.ca and put “Cards for Hero's” in the subject line. For every card you make, you will earn a ballot for this months $50.00 prize draw. All cards must be new and created for Cards for Hero's.

Join me at Scrapdango on October 4th to celebrate National Card Making Day!! Our theme will be “Cards Throughout the Year.” There will be lots and lots of card challenges throughout the day. If you complete the challenges, you will have several cards to use throughout the year. There will be prizes as well!!

If you get some free time please check out my friend Gina's blog called Scrapping for Less . She surfs the web and brings us some great deals on scrappy goodies, great contests and giveaways too. Thanks Gina for doing all the legwork for us. :)

I need to get some sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow. I get to visit my great friend Ally before she heads out to B.C. It still hasn't sunk in yet that she will be so far away. Thank goodness for Skype and the Internet. I have to brush up on my webcam skills.

~Tara~

3 comments:

  1. $500.00!!!!!!! Is that a typo or have you upped the prize value?

    Sounds like a great cause -- wish I was better at cards :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opps... thanks Heather. It's a typo... sorry gals but... $50.00 of new CHA goodies is still great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. $50 is a wonderful prize!!! Thanks for offering it!!!! And you are welcome - I'm glad it was caught quickly, for you sake :)

    ReplyDelete